December 1, 2009

Broken Heart

Ya know those times in life when you made a decision and you know it's the right one, but still after you made it your in pain....

Like your heart is being sawed in half kind of pain.?!

Well this is one of those moments.


(Mrs Schaack's AM class 2009. Sorry, I don't have a photo of my PM class)

For the last 2 1/2 years my heart has belonged to the faces and spirits who have attended Learning Dynamics.

Teaching all my different classes, and all my different students has brought more joy to heart than I could ever imagine... or even expressed.

I will miss....

Listening to them try to say Mrs. Schaack. Some of the more classic ones are... Mrs. Tack, Mrs. Shick, Mrs. ummm.... how do I say your name?, and my favorite. Mrs. Wack.

Watching the light in their eyes as you compliment them for doing such a fantastic job coloring their paper.

Watching the light in their eyes as they connect what you are teaching them.

Dancing around the classroom.

Making up stories about Princesses and Dinosaurs.

Comforting them when someone doesn't share with them or if they got a boo boo.

But what I will miss more than anything is....


My kids storming, and knocking me down to give me a HUGE hug everday as they tell me over and over how much they love me.

I LOVE YOU CLASS!!!!!


Side note: To any of my parents who are reading this, if any, thank you for raising such beautiful children. Thank you for sharing their beautiful spirits and their light with me. Being a part of their life has changed me more than I could have explain. I am more full of patience, love, endurance, kindness, and all other things in between because you allowed them to be apart of my life. To you, I am forever indebted to you. Thank you.




2 comments:

  1. i know exactly how you feel.
    it is the worst feeling in the world to leave the kids you have loved and taught for so long.
    my eyes are totally watering writing this and i didn't even teach the same kids as you. ahh! i'm so emotional.
    they're going to miss you jess.
    and guess what. so am i.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the BEST!! We'll miss you so much- but we wish you lots of luck and blessings. Hopefully Mrs. H will love the quirkiness that is Maddie :) I always laugh when I think of the story you told of Maddie saying the different colors and when you asked her about gray she made her funny face and said, "I don't know" out of the side of her mouth. You will be missed for sure!

    ReplyDelete