December 7, 2009

To: Her

I feel her. Everyday. She is with me. She guides me. Directs me.

At Christmas it is stronger. Her spirit that is. She is not just felt by me, but by Robbie. We were decorating the tree. I was stringing the lights, he was holding the lights. He hugged me and squeezed me oh so tight, and with emotion in his voice, said, "I feel her. She is here."

Of course she was. While I was growing up, Christmas was her thing. Like how Peanut butter's thing is jelly. Christmas and her were meant for each other. You would look at her and your breath would be taken because you didn't know if you were looking at an angel or not. Christmas lights danced in her eyes. The smell of the tree was embedded in her clothes. Her heart radiated Christ's. She talked in Christmas tunes. She was at home. December was her home.

I miss her this time of year. Like really miss her. I want to smell her. Touch her. Talk to her.

But I know she is with me. Why? Because I feel her.




My tree this year is dedicated to her. To be honest, every year it is dedicated to her.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jess.
    I didn't know your mom, I think I met her one time when we were in jr. high, but I know that she is with you, because you are an amazing person and that is an inherited trait. No doubt about it.
    You are beautiful and I am so grateful for your friendship.
    You inspire me. Truly.
    Merry Christmas Season.

    ps. i love your christmas tree. and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her too. I love who are and know that is hugely owed to her. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jess, simply beautiful. As I have watched and learned from you over the past couple of years I have seen you dedicate each and every day of your life to your amazing mother as you have perfected the lives of others just by being you. You are kind, you are loving, you are forgiving, you are compassionate, and you are angelic; just like her. You will always "feel" her for she helped create your heart. Thank you for allowing me to know her through you.
    Luvs
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all choked up. I can't even see the page right now or say anything appropriate. Beautiful beautiful beautiful. I knew her better than I know you but I am thankful to be getting to know you better as you get older.
    Love you, I know she is proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, jess! I, too, got all choked up. I loved your mom and miss her as well. I love the picture of the two of you, she is definitely always with you and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas remembering her and her love for you. I love you!
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess!!! How sweet was that! And I love your tree!! It's even more beautiful with that sentiment and meaning behind it!! Add me to your blog list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok now I'm a blubbering idiot. My jammies are all wet. Mindy and I were both on the phone and looking at your website when I found this. Now both of us are crying. What a wonderful tribute to your mom. She was awesome.
    By the way you are a FANTASTIC photographer. Love your work!!
    Love ya, Missy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss her every day. She was one of my best friends, not just my big sis. She was my hero. I see her in all of you kids. I am so blessed to have you in my life. How proud she is of her beautiful family. Jessica you have grown to be an amazing person. I am thankful every day for your strength and your attempt to understand your strange aunt, uncle and grandma. Bella Rae says everything about you. I love you very much.
    Thanks for making me cry like girl : )

    ReplyDelete