November 11, 2009

moral discipline

I have realized that I enjoy blogging. I feel like it gives me a voice. Whether someone is reading or browsing my pictures or not, it makes me feel empowered. And I like that. I decided to start a blog about my thoughts, opinions, jokes (okay maybe not so much), feelings.. Basically things that make me tic (tic as in tic toc, not your freakin ticking me off I wanna punch in you the face.) like a grand ol' clock. Read or don't read. Its more for me anyways.

Moral discipline is the consistent exercise of agency to choose the right because its right, even when its hard.

-Elder D. Todd Christofferson (quote from his talk given during October 2009 General Conference. Click here to read. Mormon, non mormon, anti mormon, jew, or catholic the first 1/3 of this talk is very thought provoking and helped me with insight to what kind of country I want to live in and what I need to do to instill those values in society. Read it. You won't be dissapointed.)


I have been putting it off for 2 months now. With excuse after excuse. Some of them were pretty legit though. But tonight i am officially fresh out and I know I have to buckle down and do it. Will someone hold my hand? Its hard to be an adult and do things alone. I miss having my mom take me (and pay) to go shopping, or my dad holding my hand as I crossed the street.


To discipline ones self is hard. For a couple reason. 1. It takes you out of your comfort and 2. You are setting yourself up to succeed. But what is the opposite of success? Yeah you guessed it... faliure.


Well I am trying to convince myself that I won't fail. And that I will have the moral discipline to continue on this journey even when it gets hard. I have to do it. I can do it. I need to have courage. I need to be strong.


Tonight I am starting my journey with Weight Watchers. uggg.... mixed feelings... wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment