November 18, 2009

Mammograms

This morning I started my morning as I always do... Take a 30 minute shower (yeah, yeah, I am totally wasting water. But its the only thing that helps me wake up. I feel guilty, obviously not enough to change) then lay on the couch for 20 minutes to wake up even more, and then dash to the bathroom to eventually get ready in like 2.5 minutes... Explains why I look the way I do lately:)

This morning I was watching the The Today show and they were doing a feature story on some new science research done by a task force uping the recommend age to receive a mammogram from 40 to 50.

WHAT?????? Are they nuts??? Breast cancer, I think, is the number 2 most deadliest cancer for women. So with that statistic why would anyone increase the age even if their "scientific evidence" (but I have done my research on their research, and find it sketchy) pointed to that conclusion. I am totally flabbergasted by this. Seriously! If my insurance covered mammograms I would be getting them at 22. But because of stories like these, it gives my insurance more excuses not to cover me the way I deserve. I really think that any women out there who's insurance does cover it, or are in their 40's should seriously ignore this advice. I mean, really, Breast cancer can affect anyone of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment