November 4, 2010

pieces.

My whole heart resides only one place. . . wherever Robbie Man is. But pieces of my heart are scattered throughout the world. Whether in Mexico where I was able to do humanitarian work, or in Nordstrom's with those Steve Madden boots my pocket book can't afford, or at my momma's grave. Pieces of my heart can be found all over the United States. . . In Adamondiahman, Disneyland, Vermont, Lake Powell, Kirkland, NYC, Austin, St. George, Port Orchard, my grandma's house, Nauvoo, the ocean... Any where a happy memory resides, is where pieces of my heart are.

A BIG CHUNK of my heart resides in little Orem, UT. In a small corner of this small city, lies the chunk. For three years, Robbie and I were privileged, blessed, and favored to live in the Stonewood ward boundaries. Here in this ward, I was called to be in Young Womens. To say it was the best calling in the world would be an understatement. My heart fell head-over-heals for every single girl in that program. Tonight, I sit here missing them. Terribly. I pray that I will never forget them, never forget their laughs, their faces, and the memories that were made. I love "my girls!"... and miss them.

And whether they know it or not... each of them hold a piece of my heart.


3 comments:

  1. Ah! You're such a good leader! When I'm as loving as you maybe I'll get called to something that actually involved interacting with people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica SCHAACK!! we love you SO SO much! You have truly changed our lives for the better.
    ~luv Ellie and Claire
    P.S when we go to Harry Potter we will think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sister Jessica Schaack,
    This entry brought tears to my eyes as I thought of how much all the people in this entry and, especially, yourself, have helped change my life. Thank you for being the amazing leader that has inspired me in my life.
    Love,
    One of your girls.

    ReplyDelete