November 29, 2010

Grateful.

Thanksgiving. Its the kick off to my holiday season. Every year's kick off is relatively the same. It begins with waking up to the first sweet sounds of Christmas music (it's against my religion to listen to Christmas music any earlier) mixed in with sounds of laughing, and The Thanksgiving Day parade blaring in the background. When its time eat, the smells tickle my body with glorious anticipation. We eat. My dad expresses that this "IS THE BEST MEAL HE HAS EVER HAD." (We all roll our eyes at this declaration.)

After dinner, we sit around all day reading ads, watching football, making fun of whoever is making a fool of themselves at the time, and play games. When the night ends, I curl up in bed, with a smile pressed upon my lips and let the tryptophan take over.


This was NOT my Thanksgiving Day this year...

IT WAS BETTER.

Our Thanksgiving Day started on Wednesday with an experience I will never forget. We joined up with a local Realty Group in Dallas and helped with their annual "Feed the Homeless" project. That night, my life was forever changed. We met nine of Dallas' finest people and created 45 care packages that we were able to deliver that night to the Homeless in Downtown Dallas. When the care package went from my arms to arms of the recipient, a connection was made. A connection that we are all children of God. No matter our circumstances. Poor, wealthy, fat, skinny, black, white...
We are ALL children of God.









1 comment: