January 22, 2010

We're all dying...


Today is an interesting day.


A very interesting and thought provoking day.

A day where I am re-directing my life course. A life course that I have always wanted, but didn't know til now. Does that make sense? If it doesn't, thats okay. I'm still trying to figure it out.

I have such a need inside of me to help people. I'm sure we all do. We are humans. We are brothers and sisters. This Haiti disaster has made me contemplate a lot of things. So much to the point, I was on the internet today trying to figure how I could adopt a Haitian orphan... May sound crazy, but my heart is breaking for them.

In my Positive Psychology class today we watched Patch Adams. I've never seen that movie. Have you? It really has added to the thoughts swarming my brain. His love for people is beautiful. I want to love that way, I want to love everyone that way. In the movie he says a quote.

" We're all dying Truman (they are pre-med students).
Our job is to increase health.
Do you know what that means? That means we are to
improve the quality of life, not just delay death."

This quote hit me hard. So hard I have decided to dedicate my life to this cause. The cause of improving quality of life. I want to dedicate my soul and feed it by engaging in Humanity Causes. This is always something I have wanted to do. Really it has. But it has always been on my "Things I want to do in my life" list. Well today, it has entered on the "Things I WILL do with my life" list.

I am so excited about this! I feel so blessed to have come to this revelation. I also know HOW I am going to do it. My photography. My photography is going to be my means to help me complete hearts desire. Robbie's dentistry will also be my second means. We have always wanted to use his skills to help others, but today it has changed from want to a WILL. We WILL use his skills. And they will be mad awesome when he's done with his schooling:)

So since I am dying, and so are you.... What cause do you want to join in during your life? After all... Its our one chance to live.


I'll end with a few pictures of a Humanitary trip Robbie and I went on to Mexico in 2008.



We built a house....




1 comment: