January 28, 2010

Popcorn and a diet coke please!

I love movies. Love them like Robbie, God and my mac... Umm.. So maybe not that much. But its pretty high up there on the list. My love for them has inspired me to start a new segment here on d-e-p. (HA! I totally just made my blog sound 5 times cooler)

I want to feature movies I L.O.V.E. Oldies, goodies, newies:)

Here is my first feature film for today!





SWOON! This movie is my happy place. Its as happy as a big fat slice of cheese cake (from PF Changs of course!).

Growing up, my mom would take a personal or sick day and watch the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice. My dad and I always made fun of her and could never imagine why she could get so much enjoyment out of 6 hours of words like Thither, Mischance, Felicity. (Ah that is a line from another movie. can you name it?)

Well if I was to total all the hours I have spent watching this 2 hour movie, I would probably come close to doubling her times of watch the 6 hour version.

I am captivated by the music, the movements of the wind, the enchanting dusk light in so many sceans. I am moved when Darcy looks at Elizabeth, and squeal every time they kiss at the end. I am in my own heaven when I sit and watch the scenery of the skies, and manors, and lakes.

I believe this film is perfect in every way. If you have not seen it, no worries, give me a call and we can watch it together!

Much love,

Jess

4 comments:

  1. L O V E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! exceedingly
    popcorn too please (with truffle salt)
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie. Movie perfection.
    Have you seen Bride and Prejudice????? BOLLYWOOD. Not the same epic experience but I love it and so will you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that line from You've Got Mail? :) LOVE IT!! Jess I'll watch it with you, its one of my favs too. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two favorites are Robin Williams in Mrs. Doubtfire and John Candy in Uncle Buck. They both make me laugh until I cry. The best two lines in all of comedies. From Mrs. Doubtfire, "It was a drive by fruiting." and from Uncle Buck, "Here's a quarter. Take the bus downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."

    Laughing while I am typing. Now you know I am related to my brother. LOL,

    Love, AB

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY!! I also love this movie!! YAY!! you can come down and we can have P&P parties. Oh so fun!
    BTW...got the CD in the mail today...thanks again!! I LOVE ALL the pics and there were some I had forgotten about. You're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete