January 17, 2010

The Gift

I am a firm believer that everyday is a total gift. Though I truly believe that, not everyday feels like a gift. I mean lets be honest I can think of sooo many days that are not so awesome days. Some of those for me would include: Big test days, Getting in an argument, waking up at the butt crack dawn for pointless things, when you see a fresh blanket of snow (now those days really chap my behind!). Any ways you get the picture.

Sometimes its just far too easy to identify the bad days. So I wanted to share with some of my best days. The days that are truly gifts from above.


1. June 2, 2007. By far the best day of my life. On this day I received the whole shabang! I got Wobbie Man! I can still remember as clear as the blue ocean every detail of that day. When he picked me up at my house, to drive up to the temple, I can still remember the beats of my heart. It marched to the tune of pure bliss. Everything about that day was perfect. Seriously.


2. New York 2006. This is a day that will stay dear to my heart till the day I die. It included: Me. My daddy. And the City. It was so magical. We were their for less than 24 hours, and it was some of the best 24 hours of my life. My dad gave me the reins to do what I wanted to do! Can you guess what we did? We shopped till we dropped. Literally! One one or two occasions I found him passed out on the busy NYC sidewalks. When night time came we hit it up WICKED. It was my graduation present from him. It was the ideal day. After all, at that time, he was the man of my life.


3. January 2, 2010. It was a day full of the past, love, and learning. A few months before I had an overwhelming feeling that I needed to conduct an interview with my Papa. So Robbie made it happen. He booked us some tickets over Christmas to Washington and had the time of a lifetime.
My cousin Jen did the interview and gave Barbara Walters a run for her money. She was flawless with her mad interviewing skills. We sat for 2 hours and listened to him to tell stories of his life. He shared with us words of wisdom and love. Every second was magical. It is a treasure that will remain in my heart forever.

Here are some pictures of that day:


It started off looking at old photo albums. CLASSIC!


This is Jen doing the interview.


3 comments:

  1. Great photos! You have a talent for story telling through your photos. Can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was one of the best days of my life too. I was just telling the stories from that day to my friends last night. What an amazing day. Thank you for "listening" and making it happen...and most importantly capturing it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just started following your blog jess! i love it!! i remember the new york 2006 and i remember going to your wedding reception!! both great days!! hope everything is going well for yoU!

    ReplyDelete