January 26, 2010

I need a helmet


Yesterday...

bleh....

Have you ever just woken up and known your day was going to be crappy?
Well yesterday gets a big fat F-.

I called Robbie at 3:30 yesterday while I was in the middle of the hall at school and told him that if I was in a more conducive crying place, I would be a big fat blubbering whale. The funny thing is, at that time during the day, I didn't really have a reason for tears.

But the reason did come a few hours later.

I nanny part-time on Tues. and Thurs. The dad called me and informed me that they were letting me go. BOO! He said with the economy, they need some one to be able to put in more hours so his wife can work more.

After that convo happened I turned into the BIG FAT BLUBBERING WHALE that almost happened earlier that day. It was quite a pitiful site. Lucky for me, Robbie was home and held me so tight and let me just go at it for a few moments. (I feel very lucky to have him). After the tears were shed, I felt a little better. It's funny how crying does that?.

I told my cousin about what happened and she get all giddy for me? hmm... Not the reaction I was looking for. She said that she could not wait to see what God has planned for me now... talk about an instant smile to a face.

So yesterday is in the past, and today is new....

I can't wait to see what is in store!



But for the record: If days like this become a common thing I think I will need to invest in a helmet, because life can be BUTT HARD sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Chin up! Sometimes we need a push in a new direction rather than a tap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the phrase "Don't cry cause it's over, smile because it happened in the first place" really applies to a situation where someone actually trusted you with their kids.

    ReplyDelete