April 19, 2010

Dandelions and Jake



Go back in time with me.. Like 12 years. That makes me 10, and Jake 8.

It was a warm spring afternoon. Jakey
(his name when we were little) and I had been sitting in the car what seemed liked YEARS. It probably was more like 5 minutes while my dad took a mad dash to the bathroom. (he ALWAYS did that after we all buckled in and ready to go)

I decided to tell him a little white lie. I told him dandelions grew only in spots where dogs peed... Him, being my younger brother, obviously had an internal need to be smarter than me. After I said that he looked at me and said,

"Gosh Jessy, don't waste my time with stupid facts. Every one knows that."

After that I laughed in his face and told him I was lying and he was the stupid one... So maybe that was a little harsh. He cried. And I got in trouble:(

Every time I see a dandelion, that memories pops back in a head, a smile emerges to my face, I and think of him.









For over a year, Jake has dedicated his life to serving our Savior in cause much greater than us all.

He is sick. And has been for awhile. Will join me and pray for him to be made whole?




1 comment:

  1. where is he at?!?! How is he sick?!? We both have a Jakey we love!! He is in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete