March 26, 2010

Consider The Lilies




My whole life I have always had such an appreciation for beauty. I see things around me that most people pass right by. Like today, I was washing my hands in the bathroom and there was another girl in there and her hair color was BEAUTIFUL. SO BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't control myself from telling her how radiant it was... I sometimes get teary eyed just listening to the birds sing out my window...(don't judge), Or I will be sitting in school studying, and I hear someone laugh and my heart rejoices. I get lost in the rain drops that sit so perfectly on a leaf. There is so much beauty EVERYWHERE.

My soul has always yearned/crave to express the beauty I see around me. I never could figure out a way to do so. I tried singing when I was younger, but let's be honest, I can't sing a note if my life depended on it. Dancing is out of the question, I have absolutely NO rhythm. Painting/drawing? Forget it. My best drawing I have ever done is a stick figure with a dress... You get the picture.

I remember one night asking my God to provide me a way to help me express the beauty of His earth. His creations.

That prayer was offered a little over a year ago. And since that prayer I have started my photography business. My camera has turned into SO much more than a piece of equipment that makes me money...

It has become an expression of my soul.


Embarking upon my photography business has been the most rewarding experience of my life. It has brought me closer to God and the beauty of His earth. I am SO FAR from where I want my photography talent to be, but I am content with opportunities I have to express the beauty my heart sees.

I was at a devotional today and the choir sung one of my favorite songs. I think it perfectly states my desire for beauty, and my yearning to create it.


Here are some pics I took while in Washington.












5 comments:

  1. Jessica, you have an incredible gift. I'm sure you can see that but in case you doubted it, I want you to know that I see it! I can see right into your heart and soul through your camera lens. And what I see is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it with all of us. It's very brave and don't ever stop taking pictures (and sharing them). Love ya, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pictures with the raindrops on them!(I love them all of course) but I really like those. I want them hanging in my house! You're amazing! (Bytheway...I loved this post.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jess.
    i just wanted to tell you that i think you are g.r.e.a.t. GREAT!
    and you're real pretty.
    and you take beautiful pictures.
    also, i'm really grateful for you.

    ps. remember that one time you and hannah peed your panties. hehe. me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi. you are a stranger to me. but not strange to me. linds is my buckaroo! and she told me about you. and i just want you to know that i think your talent is through the roof! for real. and you're pretty dang cute and inspiring! i can't wait to see how you've captured mase and linds! :)

    ReplyDelete