March 13, 2010

YOUNG VICTORIA

I sat in the theater with Lindsey at my left and Victoria in front of me. I was lost in her eyes and her sheer determination to inherit the thrown. I was enthralled when she looks to Prince Albert and kindly, but sternly said, "You should never have to apologize for your passion...."



Passion is such an interesting thing. If you know me, you know, that down to the littlest fibre of my soul, I am engrained with passion. I either LOVE LOVE LOVE something or HATE HATE it. Lucky for me, I love most things, and people:) If I am
committed (keyword) to something, my WHOLE heart is committed. I never to a half-butt job. (side-note to all teachers or anyone who has asked me to do something, and I have never delivered... its because, for some reason, I was not invested in your cause. Its not your fault. Its mine for never seeing your vision of how it would benefit me.)

Growing up my passion was completely out of control. And that last sentence is quite an understatement! I could go on for hours of humiliating stories. But for sake of time, and my dignity (some of you may be saying, "what dignity?") I will keep those stories wrapped up. I came to a point in my life where I hated myself. I hated that I felt so much for everything and everyone. I remember one night sobbing, asking God if I could just stop feeling so much. I couldn't take it anymore.

If you were to ask me today what my favorite thing about myself is, I would tell you my passion. My passion for life, my passion for love, my passion for Christ, my passion for happiness. Years since that experience I have realized, that a life without passion is no life at all.

It has been quite a journey for me turning my greatest weakness into one my greatest strengths. But this journey has been remarkable. It has fulfilled in me the the scripture found in
2 Corinthians 12:9

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.


Young Victoria is filled with grace, love, drama, BEAUTIFUL clothing, and most importantly PASSION. If you are looking for a movie with great acting, beautiful cinematography and a love story that is simple and perfect, do yourself a favor and go see YOUNG VICTORIA. I promise you won't regret it.

4 comments:

  1. I've been dying to see it, is it in theaters or on DVD now? Teece won't see it with me, so I gotta figure out how. :) Love you JEss!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie.. its in theaters. It is only playing at select ones though.. Linds and I saw it at Wynnsong

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED it. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello. i'm krista. were facebook friends so i figure we may as well be blogging friends too. i'm such a stalker! but you know i'm friends with linds and han and tif. and i love love love this movie too.

    ReplyDelete