February 19, 2010

Quack. Quack. Im QUIRKY

I have a life long mission to live a transparent life. To complete this mission, it means I need embrace the inner me. ALL OF ME. Even my quirkiness.

On Tuesday I worked for basically 14 hours straight. By the end of the night I was so perma-fried, all socially normal behaviors went out the window! Any social dignity I had was gone. Lucky for me, I was at my own house so Robbie was the only one who got the CRAZY one women show.

In our bedroom, we have a small double door storage area built into the wall. While Robbie was brushing his teeth, I though I would be SO funny and attack him with tennis balls. I hid behind the door and waited for the enemy, aka Robbie to emerge into our bedroom. I had a hard time being silent behind the doors, because I was chuckling my evil little laugh. Robbie entered the room, and BAM! I threw about 15 tennis balls at him, and hit him TWICE. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even hit him.

Bless Robbie's heart for putting up with me:)

My quirkiness doesn't come out only after 14 hours of work. I am quirky 24/7. I decided to share with you a list of my daily quirks.

1. Every morning, I eat my cereal in Tupperware. I have no clue why I don't use a real bowl, but I don't.
Me + cereal in Tupperware = happiness

2. I am a creature of habit. When I start a new semester, I sit down in my classroom, and that seat becomes MINE for the whole semester. If someone else sits there one day, I secretly hate them.

3. I peel my banana's at the bottom. ALWAYS. No exceptions.

4. After I get done getting ready, I look in the mirror and smile at myself. Why? Your never fully dressed without a smile:)

5. I don't sleep with sheets. And my blanket can NEVER be tucked in. Drives me nuts.

6. If I am in a bathroom with a shower curtain, and that curtain is closed, I have to open it to see if there is a boogy man in there.

7. When I am turning up the volume on the remote, the number MUST be an even number. Except it can land on a 5. Five is the ONLY exception.

8. When I eat frosted mini-wheats, I separate them into 3 piles. 1) The sugary goodness ones to go in my Tupperware. 2) The not enough frosting ones. (they go in the garbage.) 3. The maybe pile. Ridiculous, I know.


Well this is all I could come up with since I have been sitting here in class for 20 minutes.

What are your quirks? Come on don't ashamed. EMBRACE your inner quirk


Since all posts are better with a picture. This is me after my 2hour Valentines Day nap.




happy friday.

loves.hugs.kisses.

jess.

3 comments:

  1. Haha :) I love you.
    I always check the shower if the curtain is closed. Why? Because on Easter morning when I was six years old I was going to the bathroom and heard a noise in the tub. So I opened the curtain and there was an easter basket in there! (the easter bunny hid our baskets around the house). So I was pretty sure the easter bunny has just barely escaped before being caught by me. So that's why I check in the bathtub....for the unlikely event that the easter bunny is in there hiding another basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love the list. I was the same way with picking a seat and feeling irritated if someone else sat there for whatever reason. I mean...really...why would they even think to do that? It was my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! I love it and I love you! Time has made me less quirky--and now it only looks OCD!!! (HA!)

    Quirky #1. Corners. I can only go to sleep if the corners on my sheet are aligned perfectly with the corner of my duvet cover.

    ReplyDelete