February 10, 2010

Moments spared in time


for this month of L.O.V.E. i wanted to write little memories i have of you. memories that make me BEAM inside and out every time i think about them.


one. we were sitting in your car with the heater on full blast, staring at the temple that split between the trees. the lights from that magnificent structure made everything around us look as it was daylight. you were teasing me about something. and then it happened... you kissed me. kissed me for the first time.

and at that moment. time had stopped.


two. once again, we find ourselves sitting in the car. driving this time. driving home from a basketball game. i looked at you, you looked back. and that one look brought tears to eyes. happy tears. tears of joy because you were dating ME.

and at that moment, on the free way, time ceased to exist.


three. you rang the doorbell. the butterflies in my tummy were fluttering their little wings faster than they had ever fluttered before. i went to the door...actually i RAN to the door. My eyes met yours. and instantly all butterflies came to a hault. I was looking at my future husband. the man who came to take me to the temple. my eternal companion. my everything.

and at that moment, in my doorway, time was lost.


four. it was late. like 2 in the morning late. i was having a meltdown. tears were everywhere, and i had no idea if they would ever stop. my arms flung around your neck, and i squeezed you so tightly i was surprised you could breath. and in my ear you whispered words of love. i stopped.

and that moment, through my wet eyes, time was nowhere to be found.


five. once again it is late. this time 3 in the morning. you have been sleeping for hours. i crawl into bed, and immediately your body is wrapped around mine, and in your deep slumbers, instinctively you announced to me, "I LOVE YOU."

and at that moment, in the wee hours of the night, while you were fast asleep time was at a halt.


six. i was scared. scared to start my photography business. there were too many unknowns. and you know me, i don't like the unknown. you sat their, on the couch, for hours couching me and building my confidence. and your talk did it. it inspired me. it gave me the push i needed. you gave me wings. wings to fly.

and at that moment, with the wings on my back, time had dismissed itself.

seven. it happened last week. i was in the kitchen. i came to find you. i found you kneeling. kneeling at our bed praying to god. praying is not uncommon to you, but while i stared at you i felt like i could hear your prayers, hear you giving thanks to our lord and savior. i was overcome by the spirit. gratitude for you was spilling out of my soul.

and that moment, while your knees were down and prayers were being sent to up, time was frozen. frozen by god.



rob dog i love you. you are my love and my life.

happy love month everyone!




5 comments:

  1. So cute. Don't want to admit it, but there are tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and that is how it's supposed to be. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, I found youyr blog through Michelle's! You are SO SO talented. I love your post too! I'll admit it, I was boo hooing. You and Robbie are the CUTEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! May you always have this type of gratitude and relationship with each other. Don't take it for granted! You are one lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete