February 22, 2010

Angels and Demons

Remember how I started doing movie reviews? Well I forgot to mention that I will be doing them WAY after they have been released. I don't really make it to the movie theater that much:)



I would give this movie 2 1/2 chickens (I don't want to use stars... everyone uses stars.) Here's my opinion:


P R O ' S

  • WAY good dialogue. The conversations between science vs. religion was totally captivating.
  • The story line. I did not read the book so it kept me guessing the whole time. I LOVE THAT. Usually I can predict how movies are gonna end... but not this one.
  • No sex or hardly any swearing.

C O N ' S

  • TOO MUCH VIOLENCE. Goodness gracious, people were dying everywhere. It was getting SO old. Plus some of the deaths were pretty gruesome. Not my cup of tea.
  • When movies are made about another religion, I am always somewhat sensitive to the material in it. I don't know what's true to their faith or being made up. I don't want to assume weird things about them until I know the facts. Being a Mormon, I can totally sympathize with false doctrine being spread about ones faith.
  • The freakin good guy ended up being the bad guy. I hate it when that happens in movies. I get too emotionally attached the characters.

Here was my favorite line from the movie. I find it quite profound:

science and religion are not enemies! There are simply some things that science is just too young to understand. So the church pleads: "stop", "slow down", "think", "wait"... and for this - they call us backward. But who is more ignorant: the man who cannot define lightning, or the man who does not respect its natural awesome power?

No comments:

Post a Comment